Big Data Developer, IoT Cloud
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Samsung's IoT team in Vancouver has taken a leadership role in our vision of connected intelligence. We are creating the next generation of IoT solutions, developing cloud software to activate and manage data from a wide range of connected IoT devices, from sensors to TVs to kitchen appliances to cars. As IoT evolves for new industries, we are also creating end-to-end vertical services, most recently in the energy space. The Analytics team in Vancouver handles a massive amount of data that the cloud generates, and is responsible for turning this data into information that allows our stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. As part of this team, you will not only be creating highly scalable data pipelines, but consulting on business applications for global enterprises.
Why We Want You
The IoT team is looking for highly motivated and experienced Big Data Engineers who love big data, streaming, data modelling, and feel passionate about owning and operating services in the global cloud infrastructure of Samsung’s SmartThings Cloud.
You will join and collaborate with a talented team of the best and brightest IoT Engineers, Big Data Developers, DevOps, Data Scientists and Performance Engineers who work on leading edge technologies and projects that touch millions of people.
First and foremost, you are a team player and know how to work well with others. You have a strong analytical mind and you like to see the whole picture. You have passion for solving complex problems and have a high degree of aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies. You love data and numbers and understand how important your role is in helping with business decisions.
(What You’ll Do)
- Be constantly challenged to learn and grow with new technologies and complex problems
- Have shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services you build
- Implement highly scalable big data systems in a cloud environment
- Work in a multi-disciplinary scrum team
- Collaborate with other groups across the organization and other projects
What You Bring
- Attitude to work with others and an aptitude to learn quickly
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands-on understanding of scalability and high availability systems
- Experience with various AWS services (EC2, S3, AWS CLI, Lambda, Kinesis Firehose, Redshift etc.)
- Hadoop ecosystem knowledge (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, EMR, etc.)
- Proficient in Java programming language and scripting languages (bash, Python, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, etc.)
- DevOps skills: create build & install scripts, create/manage dockers, UNIX-based systems management, release management, production monitoring, etc.
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with OLAP and data modelling
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.