Big Data Developer
Inspire the World, Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Why We Want You
First and foremost, you are a team player and know how to work well with others. You have a strong analytical mind and you like to see the whole picture. You have passion for solving complex problems and have a high degree of aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies. You love data and numbers and understand how important your role is in helping with business decisions.
(What You’ll Do)
- Work in a multi-disciplinary scrum team. Collaborate with other groups including Product Management, UX Design, QA, Technical Support and DevOps
- Be constantly challenged to learn and grow with new technologies and complex problems
- Have shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services you build
- Implement highly scalable big data analytics systems in a cloud environment
- Understand and continuously be aware of data security requirements of our various data sources (e.g. KNOX services, Samsung Pay, IoT events data, etc.)
(What You'll Bring)
- Attitude to work with others and an aptitude to learn quickly
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands-on understanding of scalability and high availability systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and preferably experience with NoSQL databases
- Proficient in Java programming language and scripting languages (bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience with various AWS services (EC2, S3, AWS CLI, Lambda, Kinesis Firehose, Redshift etc.)
- Hadoop ecosystem knowledge (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, etc.)
- Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning
- Experience with Redshift and Vertica
- Experience with OLAP and MDX
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- DevOps skills: create build & install scripts, create/manage dockers, UNIX-based systems management, release management, production monitoring, etc.
- Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.