Front End Developer/ Web Designer
Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian international relief organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet the needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse Canada (SPC) is seeking an experienced and talented Front End Developer/ Web Designer, to work out of our office in Calgary, AB, and facilitate the organization’s online presence. There may be consideration for the successful candidate to work remotely, alternatively re-location assistance may be available.
- Facilitation of front end web design
- Coordination of web-based projects
- Day-to-day website monitoring of security and analytics
- Development and maintenance of online forms for functions such as donation processing, event coordination and online registrations
Through effective deployment of their responsibilities this individual will serve fellow employees by empowering them to effectively communicate about the organization, gather necessary information and promote the ministry to its constituents. This skilled and creative individual will help SPC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Information Technology department and the cross departmental web team.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the Samaritan’s Purse Statement of Faith
- Post-secondary education in computer science or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience in web development and design
- 2 - 3 years of experience with responsive web design (RWD), web analytics and web project management
- Required skills: WordPress, PHP, My SQL, Adobe Creative Suite, JQuery, CSS
- Beneficial skills: Apache Server, C#, Linux administration
- Adaptable to shifting priorities and able to focus on the task at hand
- Takes initiative with a keen business understanding
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Team player, but able to work well independently in a collaborative environment
We offer an attractive benefits package, RRSP contribution, a dynamic work environment, as well as the opportunity to serve in a tangible way with eternal purpose!
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for
Christian ministry employment to:
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Attention: Human Resources