Executive Director, Advancement, Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
Ryerson University is seeking a senior major and principal gift fundraiser to take on the role of Executive Director, Advancement, Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science.
How to Apply
Applications can only be accepted online by visiting the Ryerson Career Opportunities Page. Click Here to Apply Now!
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
About University Advancement
University Advancement (UA) is a comprehensive development and alumni relations enterprise serving the priorities of Ryerson’s academic plan. Our mission is to build lifelong relationships, engaging alumni and friends, faculty and staff, and corporations and foundations, and matching their interests with the needs and priorities of the university. The University Advancement team recently completed the Make Your Mark fundraising campaign, which surpassed its $200 Million goal on December 31, 2015. University Advancement at Ryerson is committed to collaboration, diversity, and integrity, and to being trustworthy stewards of our donors’ investments
About the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
At the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) at Ryerson University, we immerse ourselves in the economic, social and technological communities we serve. As they evolve, we shift to meet their needs, leveraging our strengths and generating novel solutions. It is our mission to be a leader in Canada, where highly skilled, adaptable students and researchers develop as people and professionals, and work together for one purpose: to improve quality of life around the world. FEAS has close to 5,000 undergraduate students enrolled in nine programs; over 800 graduate students in ten master’s and six doctoral programs; and over 150 faculty members. In 2017, FEAS achieved top 10 recognition in Maclean’s among undergraduate and graduate engineering schools in Canada and in US News & World Report for research productivity and impact.
The Executive Director (ED), Advancement, for the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) will drive the major and principal gift strategy and solicitation activities for the Faculty’s individual and partnered projects.
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and experienced fundraiser who has an exceptional track record of building relationships with prospects and donors, who can motivate and support fundraising staff and volunteers, and who has the professionalism, determination and creativity to drive results by working closely with the university’s leadership, faculty, staff and students.
Under the direction of the Dean, and working closely with senior leadership and University Advancement, the Executive Director will provide strategic advice and direction on the achievement of the faculty’s fundraising priorities. The incumbent will also build and lead their own team within the Faculty, while working within the larger UA team structure and maintaining a direct reporting relationship with the VP Advancement.
The ED possesses excellent communications skills that can rally colleagues and inspire our alumni and friends to join us in finding solutions to social, industry and economic needs. Flexible and agile, the ED is adept at strategic planning, and ready and able to recalibrate and respond when the unforeseen happens. Finally, we are seeking someone who has a deep understanding of and fierce commitment to the strategic raising of financial support for initiatives that will have a true and lasting impact on our community locally or at large.
We welcome applications from candidates who have:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of full-time service in advancement, major and principal gift fundraising, or philanthropic relationship management, preferably in an educational or complex non-profit environment. Masters Degree preferred.
- A strong and impressive track record of leadership in and strategic planning for major and principal gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a portfolio of major and principal gift prospects and donors in various stages of the donor cycle.
- A demonstrably collaborative approach with senior executives, with proven effectiveness in convening and inspiring internal stakeholders.
- A professional commitment and personal disposition to relationship building with external stakeholders, including volunteers.
- A strength of experience in hiring, managing, and encouraging team member development.
- Knowledge of complex information and moves management systems
- Exceptional communications skills, especially when it comes to presentations and correspondence.
- Knowledge of different charitable giving vehicles and financial/gift planning tools.
- A deep commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- A distinct passion for higher education and a belief in the mission and vision of Ryerson.
For more information, please visit: https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/public/external_view.cfm?post_id=188299