Winter 2023 Co-op: Systems Designer
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the Team:
The Device Accreditation team helps solve mobile technology problems. As a team member, you will drive product/platform releases, test and validate new devices in our lab environment, support network trial and launches.
What you will do:
- Work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging available data to drive customer experience and network performance improvements.
- Work with the teams to assist with executing test objects to validate performance and functionality of new services, and new devices.
- Participate in stakeholders’ meetings to assist with technical issues and support their resolution.
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation.
- Understanding and interpreting industry trends and evolution of devices, networks and features
- Understanding and interpreting industry requirements from 3GPP, Industry Canada, PTCRB and third party labs
- Develop test methodologies to verify new functionalities between RAN and wireless device
- Interface with chipset and device OEM manufacturers
- Support other Business and Engineering projects/programs where there are device dependencies
- Testing of network features with device dependencies to ensure proper working behaviours before commercial deployment
- Work with device vendors in an iterative manner verifying fixes to identified issues
- Gather, distribute, upgrade and maintain prototypes under test
What you will bring:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology, networks, statistics, data science, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
- A good understanding of communication networks/cellular network architecture and building blocks
- A good understanding of cellular theory and RF principles
- A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
- Must have excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven ability to work in a team-focused environment
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
- As part of the Recruitment process, successful Candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278609
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment