Winter 2023 Co-op: Supplier/Vendor Mgmnt Analyst
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team / BU:
Rogers IT, Supplier Management is at the centre of our use & management of suppliers in technology transformation at Rogers. Driving modern software engineering through cloud native development our teams are engaged in the latest technologies as they deliver new solutions for Rogers. We’re looking for someone who loves technology, is curious and confident, and can bring a business lens to the technology problems we are trying to solve. Our supplier management team works across IT with our strategic suppliers and enables collaborative working between Rogers employees and the expertise of our suppliers. It’s a fast paced environment and you’ll contribute to our technology strategy, analysis and business case development.
What you will do…
- You will create financial analysis models, supplier governance processes, supporting our teams hold suppliers to account, define new IT capabilities and manage supplier risks for Rogers.
- You will conduct research into new technology and the suppliers that have expertise. Create commercial models & processes to help suppliers deliver the innovation Rogers requires.
- You work with teams across IT making sure our suppliers deliver quality, stability, and innovation to Rogers customers.
What you will bring…
You are a strong communicator with a commercial and business background. You are ready to collaborate with the team to conduct analysis and identify different options. You are an awesome team player who will foster creativity and respect the ideas of other team members. You can balance multiple projects at once with changing priorities and see it through to completion.
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in in Applied Science (Electrical Engineering, Computer science preferred), Business or a Financial discipline.
- Familiarity with telecommunication industry and operations is highly desirable
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Strong communications (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of presence - confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Strong time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Strong sense of initiative and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups or on their own
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Comfortable In assembling multiple points of view and finding a common ground
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278626
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment