Winter 2023 Co-op: Software Developer
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation, and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the team:
Joining the OSS team is a world of professional opportunities. The Operations Support Systems (OSS) Service Monitoring Systems (SMS) team is dedicated to key applications that enable our technology teams to actively deploy & operate the Rogers network.
What you will do…
- Successful candidates will work in one of our OSS teams in Montreal as a software developer and system specialist.
- Integrate, develop automations on monitoring solutions to support the Technology teams
- Engineer, integrate complex systems and translate business requirements to platforms development and operations
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology Management or equivalent
- Bilingualism in English and French is required for the Montreal location
- A good knowledge of English is necessary as this role requires regular communication in English with customers and/or team members in other provinces.
- Passionate about science, technology, engineering, and / or telecommunications
- Open to taking on new challenges and have a passion for learning new skills
- You thrive working in an environment where collaboration and teamwork bring together a diverse set of talents and skills to solve complex problems
- You have interest in network telecom protocols, databases, programming and/or scripting including Java, C, C++, Splunk, Linux, Python, YAML or Robot Framework
- As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278466
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment