Winter 2023 Co-op: Project Management
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
Reporting to Core Network Program Management Office, you will play a key role in managing the entire project life cycle, taking projects/programs from inception to final implementation and closure. You will be part of the team in delivering Technology projects/programs within scope, on schedule, on budget, at the expected quality, and in alignment with the Core Network PMO’s methodologies and guidelines. Scope could include wireless 4G/5G, Fiber-to-the-Home, broadband IP network, and Operations Support Systems.
What you will do…
- Support the Implementation Planning, Execution and Closure of Technology projects dealing with the introduction of new services, lifecycle changes of existing services, new platforms, capacity augmentations, software & hardware upgrades, Network Function Virtualization deployments, optimization, and redundancy enhancements.
- Monitor and track the project milestones to accurately reflect project status.
- Provide Technology Capital Investment Program Budget consolidation, analysis, reporting and communication.
- Compile and communicate Project/Program Status reports and decks to stakeholders.
- Track risks, issues, progress, action, decisions and manage project/portfolio and activities completion.
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent.
- Passionate about deployment of new 5G technology solutions, cloud native technologies, automation, software upgrades and infrastructure augmentations.
- knowledge of MS Office suite – pivot table, formulas, and macros for Excel; SharePoint and Jira experiences would be an asset.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize tasks.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- A competitive salary.
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term.
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278487
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environmenton