Winter 2023 Co-op: Platform Engineer
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for evaluating, establishing, and monitoring the best practices across many of the web services offered through Rogers Digital. We consult with development teams to improve the consistency, resilience, and security of the software that we ship.
What you will do…
- Work with service owners to learn about their services and the pain points that they experience in development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Automate toil, so our engineers can focus on what really matters to our customers.
- Standardize solutions in virtualization, containerization, and automation to make it easier for developers to use them effectively.
- Drive projects to improve performance indicators such as service latency and errors.
- Drive projects that improve scalability and reliance. Help make our services bullet-proof.
- Drive projects that improve our ability to anticipate, observe, detect and resolve issues with our services.
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Site Reliability or equivalent
- Java and related web frameworks such as Spring. Modern web service architectures and design patterns.
- Passionate about automation, Infrastructure-as-code and site reliability engineering concepts.
- Strong commitment to continual improvement, along with the soft skills to create enthusiasm for positive change in the people around you.
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278667
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment