Winter 2023 Co-op: Network Planning
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada. Please note that background checks are required as a condition of employment.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the Team:
The Quebec Access Network Planning team is scoping the investment and direction needed to evolve the Rogers Wireless networks in the province of Quebec. As a team member, you will have opportunity to apply your superior analytical skills and enhance your wireless technical knowledge, as you innovate cost effective plans for solutions to provide the best customer experience.
What you will do…
- Work closely with the RF and Real Estate teams to help issue Land Acquisition Only (LAO) planning spec
- Assist the RF with request from Real Estate
- Plan, budget, and initiate expansion projects to support the wireless access network evolution and to meet subscriber demand.
- Develop and analyze alternative options to provide management with recommendation for deployment of cost-effective solutions that meet organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Network Implementation Groups to communicate requirements and priorities for new site acquisition, capacity augmentation, and new technology rollout to ensure timely delivery of programs.
- Monitor market performance and develop solutions to improve customer experience and meet performance targets.
- Conduct competitor market gap analysis and competitive analysis to understand competitor’s plans and tactics.
- Maintain the documentation up to date
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Bilingualism is required in English and French for the Montreal location: A good knowledge of English is necessary as this role requires regular communication in English with customers and/or team members in other provinces.
- Passionate about technology, networks, statistics, data science, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
- A good understanding of communication networks/cellular network architecture and building blocks
- A good understanding of cellular theory and RF principles
- A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
- Must have excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278489
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment