Winter 2023 Co-op: Network Ops Automation Specialist
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
The Network Operations team supports the network infrastructure that provide Rogers services to customers. In this rewarding role you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative environment. You will work on critical projects, to deliver automation solutions to network platforms and systems, with the goal of achieving the most advanced Network Operations in the industry.
What you will do:
- Implement automation across Operations using combination of in house and open source development tools
- Work with a multi-functional team of subject matter experts (SMEs), business analysts, OSS and platform engineers, in an Agile delivery method
- Manage the day-to-day operations of production network management systems
- Identify new automation opportunities based on data driven analysis to improve process and flows
- Gain a holistic understanding of the Rogers network and the tools/platforms used to measure KPI’s and improve the customer experience
- Liaise with other Engineering and Operations teams to collaborate on assigned projects
What you will bring:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Networks, Computer Science, Technology, or equivalent
- Knowledge of telecommunications environment including a basic understanding of networking concepts and APIs Familiarity of TCP/IP and related protocols, Wireless, VOIP, 5G, and OTT technologies as well as network management systems (Netcool, Remedy/SNOW, Jira, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps practices
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to drive software development solutions
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
- As part of the Recruitment process, successful Candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278568
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment