Winter 2023 Co-op: Network Equipment Engineering
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
About our Co-op Program:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
What you will do:
- Work under supervision of Senior Equipment Engineer to improve the Rogers 5G wireless network
- Explore latest and greatest products and standards by managing equipment vendors to keep developing products that supports Rogers needs.
- Get the know Cisco and routers and how can they be implemented in the wireless network
- Prepare Network Implementation Guidelines (NIG) for equipment installed in network.
- Ensure Base Station infrastructure safety and compliance to all applicable codes and standards and to Rogers Health and Safety standards
- Support for Field Operations, Network Implementation, Radio Engineering, Transmission, and Equipment Engineering as needed for resolution of equipment engineering issues
- Enforce Engineering Guidelines and Network Standards for Base Station facilities enclosures, power systems, environmental systems, antenna supporting structures and towers
- Perform other duties as required consistent with the principle objectives of the position.
What you will bring:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a diploma/degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with Telecommunication Engineering Concepts for Wireless cell sites including familiarity with Power systems, Rectifiers, Batteries, Routers (Cisco), Cabinet types etc
- Familiarity with Communication site infrastructure (HVAC, AC, DC Power).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Office
- Knowledge of Power BI or ay other mapping or reporting tool is a plus
- Ability to work in a team-based situation.
- Valid drivers license an asset.
- As part of the Recruitment process, successful Candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 7071 Bayers Road, Suite 4001 (235), Halifax, NS
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278506
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment