Winter 2023 Co-op: Network Engineer
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
The RFP Project Manager will occupy a critical position in which they will demonstrate leadership by ensuring that operational risks and gaps evident in RFP bid responses are appropriately captured and actioned with various teams in Network Operations and elsewhere. The focus of the role is to ensure that commitments made to the customer are met, and that necessary evolution of Rogers or partner capabilities (in order to meet said commitments), is handled formally, to best practice, and in good time.
What you will do…
- Maintain awareness of all in-progress standard and complex RFPs and work with the wider team to manage the risk register and develop risk mitigation plans
- Utilize formal stakeholder, communication, risk identification and management best practices to review non-standard requirements
- Communicate and report progress against identified gaps to various stakeholders utilizing both regular formal and ad-hoc methods
- Develop strong, positive, cross organization relationships with internal groups, including Network Operations, and Product Management
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise on the topics of Network Service Management, SLAs, MACDs & KPI reporting
- Support the team’s goal of 100% on-time bid responses by managing RFP bid responses, collecting / writing responses and developing detailed implementation / migration plans as required
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in a technical lead or project management role is an asset
- Experience writing RFPs and/or contributing to RFP responses
- Core Competencies include Innovative and Forward thinking, Problem Solving abilities, and Adaptability.
- Passionate about new technology, networking, and collaboration.
- An open mind with the passion to learn. Critical thinking and a positive attitude.
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
- Organizational savvy with exceptional partnering skills and good relationships across all functions
- Familiar with basic wired, wireless & cellular networking
- Familiarity with technical elements of Enterprise solutions in Rogers’ Enterprise portfolio
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278586
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment