Winter 2023 Co-op: Network Engineer
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the Team:
Rogers is looking for a reliable device certification & life cycle test analyst to works within the engineering department at Rogers. The test analyst's primary focus is the testing and launch of all new customer provided equipment that are leveraged to offer Rogers services. A successful candidate will be familiar with home networking and be detail oriented with the execution of detailed test plans. The coop term will deliver a solid experience in developing, executing, and reporting on complex device features and their identified defects and enhanced troubleshooting skills to identify root causes through analysis.
What you will do…
- Development of new test cases for new features and functionality
- Execution of detailed/complex device test plans
- Reporting, testing, and root cause analysis to management and above
- Working with testing peers to coordinate testing activities to ensure efficiencies
- Development of testing automation to reduce manual testing efforts
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a diploma or degree in a Computer Science field or equivalent
- Knowledge of home networking and WiFi technologies
- Passionate about early adopter technologies
- Works well in a team and is able to collaborate with others
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- Developed skills in: Advanced technical Troubleshooting, Experiencing working within an Agile Engineering Environment, Technical Communication to management stakeholders
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278567
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment