Winter 2023 Co-op: Junior Project Controls Analyst
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and building an inclusive future for everyone. We have a long history of investing in the next generation and we’re committed to making Rogers the top destination for young people to start and grow their careers in Canada.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your possible.
About the BU:
PMO Governance and Controls is at the heart and start of project deployment and controls. Working within capital management and project accounting, the incumbent will work closely with a high performing and technologically driven team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to assist our team of Capital Management Analysts and continue to drive innovation and project controls. This entry level role will allow the incumbent to accumulate experience within the larger area of capital management but more importantly will empower and promote creativity and critical thinking all while liaising with different members of the team, across the country, from engineering to project management.
What you will do…
• Monitor, review and consolidate project spend data and tracking to yearly fiscal budget
• Review CAPEX portfolio and assist team with the identification and closing of legacy projects
• Review inventory and other related hurdles across portfolio and work with stakeholders to help clear out
• Support the Manager with Capital Spend reporting packages, business cases, presentations, and ad hoc analysis
• Work with the Oracle Financial Systems & Tools (ADI, Discoverer, Smartview, Noetix) to extract and automate data flows
• Design/develop tools and systems that allow the team to achieve greater efficiency
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent
- Microsoft Office 365, MS SharePoint, Power Query M code, VBA, DAX
- Passionate about finance and technology and has the enthusiasm to continuously improve processes and flows
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
- As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
- An opportunity to learn, be creative, and work with highly technically individuals
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Summer student
Requisition ID: 278546
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment