Winter 2023 Co-op: IT Asset Analyst
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
About our Co-op Program:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your term with us! We’re looking for motivated students who want to make an impact. Your co-op experience at Rogers will prepare you for the real world, and will empower you to take on challenging work after you graduate. Throughout your term, you’ll gain first-hand exposure to what life is like at our organization. You’ll work alongside industry professionals who will support your overall growth, and you’ll be responsible for business-impacting work that will help you transition into the various new grad opportunities we offer post-graduation. We want you to explore our organization so you can find your fit within it.
Service Asset & Configuration Management Team:
The Service Asset and Configuration Management team (SACM) is part of the Rogers Technology group that provides software and hardware services for the entire Rogers group of companies. The scope of our responsibilities being quite exhaustive, it provides an opportunity to work with several different teams: Service Desk, Deskside, Desktop Engineering, Platform Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Procurement, Finance and others. The individual will gain knowledge and experience of the standards and processes related to Asset Management.
Detailed responsibilities include:â€¯
- Validate, review and triage of desktop hardware and desktop software requests
- Prepare details and gather information for purchase requisitions of IT software and hardware
- Participate in wall-to-wall inventory (including floor-to-book and book-to-floor validation)
- Perform data clean up for manufacturer, location, and other Configuration Management Database (CMDB) attributes as well as maintaining asset repositories
- Participate in gathering and validating details for the decommissioning program
- Review and update dispositions to update CMDB records
- Assist in the operations of asset tracking
- Participate in completeness and accuracy of CMDB, including investigating duplicate serial numbers and missing attributes
- Experience in MS Access and SQL Server a plus
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of hardware and software technologies
- Undergoing University of Certificate in Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems or other relevant studies
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278615
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment