Winter 2023 Co-op: Business Systems Analyst
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is fill ed with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the team:
If you have always wanted to work at an entrepreneurial company where the employees are committed to solving big challenges and making a real difference; then join Rogers. We are a leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. We are looking for individuals who are curious, love to contribute to our technology strategy and want to be part of our high performing and technologically driven team.
For our Summer 2022 term, we are seeking individuals for 2 Business Systems Analyst coop roles that will be the part of our consumer IT and Enterprise Data & Analytics teams. Our interns will get exposure to different technologies and products while collaborating with cross functional teams for technology transformation projects, driving modern software engineering, optimizing processes to facilitate reusability and streamlining the development of the analytical solutions.
What you will do…
- Assist the team with facilitating collaborative sessions with diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, impact analysis, identify influencer groups, reviewing and prioritizing and make recommendations to satisfy business needs.
- Participate in various Agile ceremonies, alongside the platform/product owner, and collaborate with cross-functional teams including, enterprise architecture, engineering, and finance in conducting research and fulfilling the needs of your portfolio.
- Assist in writing and developing user stories, financial analysis, business cases, user acceptance test plan, define associated investments with rogers, strategies and leading the overall testing activities for medium to large initiatives.
- You will conduct research into new improved processes within the technology areas. Technical topics of study may include topics such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Native Development, Customer 360, Order Management, etc.
- You will create and pitch strategy documents which include defining a problem statement, completing quantitative and qualitative analysis, and making innovative recommendations in a concise and compelling manner
- Define new IT capabilities and collaborate with the team to provide ongoing requirements/build/testing support to the developers and QA team
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Business Technology Management or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience with SharePoint, Service Now, JIRA and Confluence applications can be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of API’s /Microservices Architecture, AWS Cloud Architecture, UML Diagrams: Use case diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Business process Model, and Notation, prototypes, wireframes using Microsoft Visio and Lucid Chart can be considered as an asset.
- Strong Communication skills (written and oral) and Interpersonal skills required;
- A self starter with strong sense of presence - confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Strong ability to multitask by applying different time management techniques.
- A strong team player comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 278610
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment