Winter 2023 Co-op: Business Analyst
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
Rogers is seeking 2 Business Analysts for the Technology Demand Team to play a key role in supporting the team to optimize processes, facilitating reusability and streamlining the development of the analytical solutions. The Demand team is responsible for three separate groups, Capital Planning, Project Intake, and the Project Centre of Excellence. We’re looking for someone who is process oriented, is curious and confident, and can bring a business lens to the technology problems we are trying to solve. It’s a fast paced environment and you’ll contribute to our technology project governance, analysis and business development.
What you will do…
- Work with business stakeholders to gather detailed business requirements and elaborate these requirements into user journeys
- Work on budgetary planning, ensuring initiates have appropriately defined benefits and business plans
- Facilitating prioritization meetings with executives from member business units.
- Understanding and help shape the technical delivery of business benefits.
- Make recommendations regarding business processes and solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as, IT, engineering, and finance in conducting research and fulfilling the needs of your portfolio
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Applied Science (Electrical Engineering, Computer science preferred) or Business or equivalent
- Strong communicator, able to collaborate with the team to conduct analysis and identify different options
- Team player who will foster creativity and respect the ideas of other team members
- Can balance multiple projects at once with changing priorities and see each one through to completion
- Familiarity with telecommunication industry and operations is highly desirable
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of presence - confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Strong time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Strong sense of initiative and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups and/or on their own
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic work environment
- Comfortable with assembling multiple points of view and finding a common ground
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience working with Atlassian tools (Jira Software and Confluence) is an asset
- Proven ability to learn and understand new technologies
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
Posting Type: Internal and External Candidates Considered
Hiring Manager: Martin Rusafov
Recruiter: Kimberley Théodore-Julien
Salary Grade: 3
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Bargaining Unit/Union: NON
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Referral Bonus Amount: $$0.00
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment