At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
You are curious passionate about human behaviour and try to understand how people think, feel and act!. You enjoy always thrive when figuring out how best to answer a research question to and get valid and actionable insights. With your deep analytical skills, you know how to collect and organize data to ultimately generate insights that matter!And when you uncover that critical insight, you can't wait to tell others about it.
You are good at project management and enjoy being a part of or directly moderating research with participants. You are well-versed in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and can think on your feet as you collaborate with partners, stakeholders and vendors in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy being a part of or directly moderating research with participants. You are comfortable leading the design and the execution of multiple research projects. You're a multitasker.
Research Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage end to end research execution: define research objectives, develop research proposal, data collection, analysis, reporting, and dissemination with minimal supervision.
- Offer innovative approaches from your research toolkit when resources or time is limited.
- Be well-versed in quantitative (site intercepts, A/B testing, surveys, etc.) and qualitative research methodologies (usability testing (remote and in-person), customer interviews, concept testing, ethnographical methodsies, contextual inquiries, diary studies, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluations, survey design, etc.) and when to use them.
- Understand how to conduct statistical analysis tools (T-test, ANOVA) with Excel or SPSS.
- Manage all related logistics (AV, Tech, Recruitment Vendor) to successfully execute in-house research.
- Translate findings into action plans to quickly improve customer experiences. Strategize with the UX team and business stakeholders on how to take action on research findings with minimal supervision.
- Interact with and direct external vendors to perform research activites. Evaluate the quality of their findings and deliverables.
Research Practice Development:
- Communicate customer experience insights to the broader Rogers organization in order to engender greater customer empathy and drive a customer-first culture.
- Partake in technology and vendor assessments and evaluation.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrate expertise in best practices for both qualitative and quantitative UX research.
- Strong stakeholder management skills in a corporate environment.
- Strong communicator – able to persuade and nurture relationships with internal teams and vendors.
- Effective cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Resilient personality, able to incorporate feedback and demonstrate constant desire to iterate.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to work simultaneously across several projects.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – able to bring new ideas to the table.
- Strong capacity to work under pressure and with a large number of stakeholders
Professional Experience, Education & Training
- An uUndergraduate and/or master's degree and 5+ years' experience in human computer interaction, information science, information systems, experimental psychology, human factors, anthropology, or other related UX disciplines.
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a UX Researcher or a demonstrable experience performing UX research for a company or organization.
- Experience with generative and evaluative research and testing techniques.
- Strong interest in coaching/mentoring researchers and designers- Experience managing (coaching, mentoring) researchers and leading a research team's growth and strategy.
- Experience executing research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, presenting) with some or minimal supervision.
- Portfolio demonstrating past work experience and research related deliverables (e.g. study plans, reports, etc.).
- Live and breathe human-centered principles in design and research
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Creative
Requisition ID: 156357
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.