Territory Sales Consultant
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work.
Right now we are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and do what really matters. Reporting to the Sales Manager, Small Business Sales, this sales prospecting and development role is responsible for the promotion of a full suite of Rogers' products and services to small business customers.
This will include:
- Wireless voice and data
- Internet access
- Business phone services and a variety of applications.
- Identifying new sources of opportunities for sales in small office/home office (SBS) through cold calling and prospecting.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with Small Business Accounts within your territory
- Assist in the development of strategies that minimize the competitive threat, retain existing customers and increase our revenues from these customers.
- Attract Business customers to purchase Digital Cable TV, Rogers Hi Speed Internet, Rogers Business Phone, Rogers Wireless solutions and other select products.
- Document and submit sales orders on a timely basis for input into our database.
- Manage and update your business in Salesforce.com on a consistent basis and maintain all key performance indicators.
- Engage in regular monthly and quarterly business reviews and daily/weekly forecast activities.
- Participate in funnel meetings, as appropriate, as well as planning and delivery of the annual territory and account plans.
- Leverage product/company/industry expertise to overcome objections, land new accounts and secure upgrade opportunities within our existing customer base where appropriate.
- Manage your territory by contacting customers and prospects on a daily basis to identify, manage, close or up-sell opportunities through all sales stages.
- Gain access to key stakeholders for new account development.
- Leverage strong prospecting, account management and closing skills, to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly goals as well as other defined sales objectives.
- Employ a consultative, needs-based sales approach to provide solutions to customers.
- Have previous relevant sales experience and thrive in a target driven environment. Small business sales experience is an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to positively influence customers (propose options/solutions).
- Possess advanced computer knowledge (Windows-based systems, use of a CRM tool and internet navigation).
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Be a team player who proactively shares knowledge and successful sales techniques with colleagues
- You will act as a Rogers’s ambassador to our clients and provide them with a superior customer experience at all times.
- 3-5 years’ of B2B experience and/or sales experience and/or telecommunications experience preferred.
- Uses Sales and Leadership Skills to build customer relationships and develop client based solutions using Roger’s products and services.
- Exceptional skills with productivity tools such as MS Office & Outlook including Salesforce.com
- Upbeat, self-motivated tenacious team player who is a fast learner, detail oriented, and has the ability to work independently.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills that translates well in person and on the phone.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience successfully calling into Director or C-level positions
- Outstanding organizational and follow-thru skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure and very tight deadlines
- Excellent research skills with strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Experience working in a highly automated metrics based organization with a track record in achieving and succeeding goals
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 855 York Mills Rd. (022), North York, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & New Business Development
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.