Territory Field Sales Rep
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Job Listing Detail
As an MDU Field Sales Representative, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line representative of the Rogers brand. In this role, you will sell Internet, TV, Phone and SHM services to residential customers within assigned territory comprised of multiple dwelling units (MDU). May perform basic installations as well as auditing to drive product penetration and revenue growth. The primary focus is on developing and maintaining lasting relationships with property management that is conducive to the ongoing sales of Rogers products and services to customers within multi-dwelling units. Utilizes advanced knowledge of products and services as well as sales process experience to maximize sales and effectively work assigned territory.
The Sales Representative's (Field Sales) performance is critical to Rogers achievement of department and company Targetable Sales Unit (TSU) growth and net gain objectives.
Successful candidates are driven "hunters", with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with MDU property management and leasing staff and regularly follows up to ensure Rogers products and services are favorably presented to prospective tenants.
- Partners directly with MDU property manager/leasing staff in designated territories to drive maximum product penetration and revenue growth. Serves as a sales presence at community or company events as required, interacting with current and potential customers.
- Demonstrates a consistent record of success in residential canvassing sales environment with emphasis on business to consumer sales.
- Generates and retains TSUs through the acquisition of and retention of customers by using Rogers trained skill sets, programming and technical expertise, and makes the appropriate recommendations for services using consultative sales skills. Implements effective closing techniques to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Serves as primary contact for MDU communities, maintaining sales literature supplies and/or any basic supplies.
- Strategically partners with CMA Account Executives and Sales Managers to increase MDU TSU penetration numbers and customer satisfaction.
- Through various networking tactics, identifies and contacts customers moving into MDU and makes sales presentations.
- Builds customer loyalty by effectively resolving any/all customer issues and differentiating Rogers products from those of our competitors and communicating those differences effectively.
- Maintains client satisfaction and takes ownership throughout the sales cycle.
- Performs end to end order entry through provided technology.
- Cold canvasses in assigned territory and makes sales presentation to non-subscribers and existing subscribers for upgrades.
- Creates and maintains successful interdepartmental relationships.
- Participates in team sales blitzes, conversions, and new releases; including weekend and evening sales events.
- Performs audits within assigned territory to reduce and eliminate theft of service in order to drive incremental TSU growth.
- Completes special projects and/or status reports as requested.
- Introduces, markets and sells any new services.
- Updates and reports on all sales activities in assigned territories, or geographical areas.
- May contact customers through various lead portals and disposition outcome.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to maximize customer contact
- Conducts all business in an ethical manner as outlined in the Field Sales Handbook Standards of Performance and Conduct.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled team meetings.
- Maintains current job knowledge through completion of on-going training opportunities, satisfactory skills assessment, and attainment of job related certifications.
- Performs other duties as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience preferred in related field
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Ability to work independently to achieve set goals within a strategic plan.
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, the ability to walk and/or travel door-to-door for considerable distances in all types of weather conditions.
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired, installation experience a plus
- 1 - 2 years of proven Door-to-door/outside sales experience highly preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of Rogers and will receive:
- Full training on Rogers products
- An attractive remuneration package includes base pay and commissions
- Car Allowance
- Medical and Dental benefits that begin on day 1
- 50 % discount on all Rogers Communications services
- Access to multiple Wealth-Accumulation Programs
- Tablet and smartphone for business use
Not sure if you should apply for this role? Talk to your Manager or your HR Business Partner.
Posting Type: Internal and External Candidates Considered
Hiring Manager: Norbert Anton Benedict
Recruiter: Shilpa Varyani
Salary Grade: 445
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Sperling Drive P.O. Box 8500 (160), Barrie, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Bargaining Unit/Union: NON
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Door-to-door
Referral Bonus Amount: $$1,000.00
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.