Technology New Grad Program - Network Engineering - BC
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA, V5H 4M1
We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions – we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you build a rewarding career at Rogers.
We’ve established a new set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers – Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
About Network Engineering:
Be at the forefront of telecom technology. Rogers is proud to be the provider of the best network in Canada that keeps millions of Canadians connected to their loved ones. As a member of the Network Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and optimizing this network and directly impacting design and feature enhancements in the race to keep our network at pace with evolving technologies. This constant evolution, alongside the depth of our network, will constantly challenge and develop your innovation and critical thinking skills. We were the leaders in bringing wireless and entertainment services to Canadians, we led the way to 5G service, and now we need the next generation of talented and passionate engineers to pave the way to our next greatest innovation.
What you will do:
- Combine insights from advanced network analytics and business knowledge to assess, plan, and deploy new services and functionality for our customers.
- Develop tools to automate and conduct big data extraction and analytics to support the optimization of the network.
- Design and implement solutions that will be used by millions of Canadians every day!
- Solve unique engineering challenges alongside some of the brightest people in the industry.
- Bridge the gap between business problems and technology by exploring various options to develop the best solutions
Potential Rotations & Workstreams:
New Grad hires that join the Network Engineering stream will participate in job rotations over 12 months and land a full time permanent placement at the end of the program.
- Predictive and forecasting models to help guide investments
- Data analytics for network optimization
- IP Networks Engineering
- Voice Networks Engineering (Fixed and Wireless)
- Mobile Data Networks
- 5G Access Network – Design, Build and Optimize
- Entering your final year of your Bachelor’s Degree or completed your Bachelors Degree between 2020 – 2021 in programs such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology. Must be graduated by program start date in May 2021
- Enthusiasm for engineering
- Open to taking on new challenges and passion for learning new skills!
- Outstanding analytical and methodical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated logical and abstract thinking
- Effective communication skills
At Rogers, we win as one team, or not at all, so this experience will encourage collaboration, strengthen our alignment, and build trust across the organization. If you’re ready to launch your career with us, apply now!
Posting Type: Internal and External Candidates Considered
Hiring Manager: Anna Servedio
Recruiter: Mauricio Guerrero
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 4700 Kingsway, Unit 1163 (5719) , Burnaby , BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Bargaining Unit/Union: NON
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.