Technology New Grad Leadership Development Program - Technology Solutions - MTL
Location: Montreal, QC, CA, H5A 1K3
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
All about Technology Solutions:
Working in a fast-paced environment within a small, agile team to will collaborate with other departments across the Technology Organization and across the company to understand new technologies (5G, IOT) and how the resulting customer requirements, pose a risks or benefit to the organization and the costs associated with these decisions.
New Grad hires that join Technology Solutions will participate in 3 rotations over 12 months and land a full-time permanent placement at the end of the program.
What you will do:
• Develop new features for Machine Learning models and visualize features.
• Design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop new datasets and data driven solutions.
• Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques and strategies to ensure the successful rollout of Rogers initiatives I.e. 5G , IoT
• Evolve our models of supporting services to adopt Site Reliability Engineering practices.
• Entering final year of your Bachelor’s Degree or completed your Bachelors Degree between 2020 in programs such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline. Must be graduated by program start date in May 2021
• Familiarity with UX
• Familiarity with Python
• Experience working with Machine Learning algorithms and big data tools is an asset
• Strong communication, organization and time management skills, as well as a willingness to learn and strong work ethic.
• Keen interest in identifying and developing opportunities for automation
• Open to taking on new challenges and passion for learning new skills!
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203617
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads