Technology New Grad Leadership Development Program - Software Development - MTL
Location: Montreal, QC, CA, H5A 1K3
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
All about Software Development Stream:
Our goal is to provide our New Grads an opportunity to work in the ever-changing world of various Rogers Technology teams, experience the interplay with our internal and external partners. You will be part of the teams tasked with evolving ideas from every area of the business and building our next-generation technology solutions.
After completing Rogers onboarding, you will be paired with a mentor and get straight into a rotation which will consist of exposure to development, business analysis and operational domains, working closely with senior team members to understand our requirements and implement processes and solutions to meet and enhance the team you are with.
Great care and resources have been devoted to ensure that at the end of the program, our New Grads will be equipped with the skills, expertise, local, and systems knowledge to ensure they are a part of a culture that fosters collaboration, promotes trust and inclusion, and celebrates cross-functional team successes required to have a meaningful career.
Potential Rotations & Workstreams:
New Grad hires that join Software Development will participate in up to 4 rotations over 12 months and land a full-time, permanent placement at the end of the program.
• Agile Application Development
• Dev Sec Ops
• Service Enablement
• Business Systems Analyst
• Business & Network Automation
- Entering your final year of your Bachelor’s Degree or completed your Bachelors Degree in 2020 in programs such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical disciplines. Must be graduated by program start date in May 2021
- Familiarity with all aspects of software/network engineering, including coding, and architecture.
- Understanding of software delivery lifecycles including waterfall, agile and DevOps.
- Strong organizational and estimation skills with ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical or business approaches.
- Open to taking on new challenges and passion for learning new skills!
At Rogers, we win as one team, or not at all, so this experience will encourage collaboration, strengthen our alignment, and build trust across the organization. If you’re ready to launch your career with us, apply now!
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203589
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads