Technology New Grad Leadership Development Program - Data Science and Analytics - MTL
Location: Montreal, QC, CA, H5A 1K3
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
All about Data Science & Analytics
New Grads in Data Science & Analytics will play a key role in building solutions by turning data into actionable insights through conceptualizing, designing, developing analytical solutions as required.
New Grad hires that join Data Science & Analytics will participate in 3 rotations over 12 months and land a full time permanent placement at the end of the program.
Potential Rotations / Projects:
• Data Engineer on key projects such as 5G, data migration to cloud
• Mobile Edge Computing
• Core Networks Capacity Planning
• Network Performance Analytics
• Data Visualization
• IoT & Connected Home Service Experience
• OSS Network and Device performance
• Data Engineer developing new approaches to improve Network performance
What you will do:
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Build data pipelines, prepare and cleanse data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Leverage large data sets to build predictive models, improve service experience and reliability.
• Participate in stakeholders’ meetings to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Cloud regions (Eastern/Central).
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline(s).
• Create data tools for analytics and work with team members to build and optimize the data science algorithms.
• Create data visualization reports and dashboards to help business units with trending and performance
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation.
• Entering final year of your Bachelor’s Degree or completed your Bachelors Degree between 2019 – 2021 in programs such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines. Must be graduated by program start date in May 2021
• Passion for technology, data science, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
• A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
• Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
• Ability to work in team setting
• Ability to get along with peopleâ€¯
• Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
• Ability to work with little supervision
• Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Rogers(189), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203623
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads