Technology New Grad Leadership Development Program
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
As a New Graduate starting a new job can be daunting. We are here to help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers by securing a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
Listed below are Technology New Grad Streams that we are currently hiring for! When submitting your application, please identify which stream you would be most interested in:
- Advanced Customer Experience & Automation
- Be part of a team that can make a big difference using data from our lake, advanced analytics & AI and ML algorithms, provide predictive and prescriptive solutions to solve customers experience issues before they begin. Engage your skills to develop exciting, real-time, geo-powered application & operational dashboards to enable Operations Forces to manage climate-induced network outages.
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Build an IoT device ecosystem across an emerging set of IoT services and industries. Define how data can be securely collected, processed and analyzed from these devices to derive key insights and value!
- Software Development
- Experience end to end solution design and data services design in an agile environment focused on new technologies such as Salesforce, Digital and Big Data
- Cyber Security
- The Rogers Cyber Security team gives you the opportunity to learn about industry cyber threats, cyber response, risk management strategies, identify and access management and telecom security that supports cyber resilience across the organization!
- Operational Support Systems (OSS)
- Operations Support Systems (OSS) is the team dedicated to key applications that enable our technology teams to actively plan, deploy, interact with network devices & operate our networks. We are integrating applications, automating flows and deploying and developing ‘network monitoring’ across all lines of business including Wireless, Wireline and Video. OSS works with other groups within network as well as with IT, Customer Care and Product units. This is an exciting and rewarding environment to start your career at Rogers!
What you will be doing:
- You will enjoy all the perks and benefits of being a Rogers fulltime employee starting on day 1
- Once hired into one of the above technical streams you will spend your first year rotating positions within your designated business unit. This is to give you exposure to all aspects of that business unit so that you have a cohesive appreciation of what they do. This breadth of scope is designed to help propel you into more senior positions at Rogers
- After your first year within your business unit, you will be assigned a more permanent position that is aligned to your interests and also where you excelled in rotation. From here you will grow your career at Rogers.
What you have:
- Student currently enrolled in (or has graduated after April 2019) their final year of Engineering, Computer Science or Technology related discipline
- Passion for technology, systems and software development, infrastructure and cloud computing, cyber security, data analytics, and network technology.
- A solid grasp of general programming principles.
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
At Rogers, we win as one team, or not at all, so this experience will encourage collaboration, strengthen our alignment, and build trust across the organization. If you’re ready to launch your career with us, apply now
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts with your candidate profile
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 180227
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.