Technology New Grad - IT Platform and Cloud Administration
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers by securing a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
Technology New Graduate Stream: IT Platforms
The IT Platform Team builds, runs and supports the Platforms that deliver first class customer experiences across all of Rogers business including Media, Digital, Enterprise and Consumer.
Potential Rotations within IT Platforms:
- Cloud Engineering (AWS, Azure, VMWare)
- Cloud Operations in AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Server Infrastructure and Virtualization
- Database Administration
What you will be doing:
- Cloud computing and operations using Infrastructure as Code principles with cloud formation, azure templates, ansible and terraform
- Infrastructure and database design and provisioning
- Cloud Engineering and Architecture designing platforms and infrastructure requirements
- Lead the creation of functional and technical specifications documentation
- Project Participation and guidance within there area of expertise ensuring best practices and policies are followed
- Recommend new solutions or process improvement opportunities by keeping up to date with the best practices in his/her area of expertise
What you have:
- Student currently enrolled in (or has graduated after April 2019) their final year of Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Passion for technology, infrastructure and cloud computing
- A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
At Rogers, we win as one team, or not at all, so this experience will encourage collaboration, strengthen our alignment, and build trust across the organization. If you’re ready to launch your career with us, apply now!
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcripts with your candidate profile
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Systems Administration
Requisition ID: 178395
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]