Technology Masters Graduate Program - Data Science & Analytics
Location: Brampton, ON, CA, L6T 0C1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our Technology Masters Graduate Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
All about Data Science & Analytics
New Grads in Data Science & Analytics will play a key role in building solutions by turning data into actionable insights through conceptualizing, designing, developing analytical solutions as required.
New Grad hires that join Data Science & Analytics will participate in 3 rotations over 12 months and land a full time permanent placement at the end of the program.
Potential Rotations / Projects:
- Data Engineer migrating data lake to the cloud
- Data Scientist for marketing transformation
What you will be doing:
- Define analytics tools and the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Define data science algorithms and identify the use cases that can benefit from the algorithms
- Design the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to interpret insights and communicate with them on how the results can be used to improve business performance
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and Cloud regions (Eastern/Central).
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline(s).
- Lead the development of data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Help drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes and optimize for efficiency and data quality.
- Explore new capabilities and technologies to drive innovation.
- Entering final year of your Masters Degree or completed your Masters Degree in 2020 in programs such as Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or related disciplines
- 2 to 5 years of work experience is preferred
- Passion for technology, data science, analytical models, machine learning, and automation
- A solid grasp of general programming principles (evidenced by automation, scripts, data analytics)
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in team setting
- Ability to get along with people
- Self-motivated, eagerness, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines, goals and targets in a fast-paced work environment
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203512
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads