Summer 2023 Co-op: IT Strategy & Planning Analyst
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
Consumer IT is at the centre of technology transformation at Rogers. Driving modern software engineering through cloud native development our teams are engaged in the latest technologies as they deliver new solutions for Rogers. We’re looking for someone who loves technology, is curious and confident, and can bring a business lens to the technology problems we are trying to solve. It’s a fast paced environment and you’ll contribute to our technology strategy, analysis and business case development.
What you will do…
- Create financial analysis and models, business cases, define new IT capabilities and associated investments for Rogers.
- Conduct research into new technology areas. Technical topics of study may include topics such as: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Native Development, Customer 360, Order Management, etc.
- Create strategy documents which include defining a problem statement, completing quantitative and qualitative analysis, and making recommendations.
- Work with different teams across the organization including enterprise architecture, engineering, and finance and present your research and work.
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree Applied Science (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science), Business Technology Management, or equivalent
- Familiarity with telecommunication industry and operations is highly desirable
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Strong sense of initiative and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups or on their own
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Comfortable In assembling multiple points of view and finding a common ground
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- A mindset of creativity, innovation and energetic drive to succeed
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 287658
At Rogers Digital, our team doesn’t shy away from big ideas – we bring them to life. We work tirelessly to deliver the best user experiences (period) and build amazing self-serve experiences that our customers want to use. We are customer-obsessed agents of change and are committed to innovation and creating effortless experiences for customers and frontline employees. We use cutting-edge tools and technologies to solve critical and complex problems with award-winning solutions. Our work impacts millions of customers everyday. At Rogers Digital, we’re looking for people who embrace change, take risks, and push boundaries. Learn more about our team and our work @ https://digital.rogers.com/
Posting Notes: Student and New Grad
Brampton, ON, CA