Summer 2022 Co-op: Network Engineer
We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions. We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions – we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you build a rewarding career at Rogers.
We’ve established a new set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers – Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Start your career with a strong foundation and spend your Co-op work term with us! Our Co-op Program gives students the opportunity to be involved in meaningful projects, contribute real work, rewarding opportunities and learn from a diverse group of leaders. We are building for tomorrow and as we plan for the future to make more possible for all Canadians, we believe it starts with Students & New Grads from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At Rogers, your journey is filled with limitless possibilities - let’s make your dream co-op placement possible.
About the Team:
Rogers Network is seeking Coop students to join the Network Core Business Planning team. The team is responsible for Network Economic and Business case study. Reporting to the Manager of Network Core business planning at our Brampton, 8200 Dixie Road location.
What you will do…
- The successful candidate will assist with the data consolidation, modeling, and cost analysis activities
- The role will provide an opportunity to learn about the Network organization from core planning and Business modeling while contributing to the data driven business investment decision
- Extract, consolidate and reconciliate of data from various sources to create both summary and detailed variance and trend reports.
- Automating technology and Business models using Excel
- Performing Unit cost analysis and comparison
- Analyzing the data, providing insights regarding business impacts and opportunities
What you will bring…
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op program working towards a degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent
- Detailed oriented with a passion for data analysis and integrity.
- Possess strong MS Excel, with knowledge of macros
- Experience with modeling
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Good researching skills
- A mindset of creativity, innovation, and energetic drive to succeed
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A team who deeply cares about your development and long term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- A competitive salary
- Access to leading edge technology and services so we can make more possible for our customers and our business every day.
- A campus team that will keep you engaged through onboarding and your work term
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis. Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
Length of Contract: 4 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Rd (341), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & Co-op
Requisition ID: 256187
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.