Sr Revenue Analyst
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Media Planning & Inventory (MPI) team is currently looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst in a permanent role. The Sr Revenue Analyst will work closely with the Manager, Sales Planning & Analysis in all MPI functions including reporting, analytics and modeling across all of the Media platforms.
The Media Planning & Inventory team supports revenue generation through advertising sales by working collaboratively with the Rogers Media Sales Team to develop value-add reporting and analytics to deliver maximum yield and growth for Rogers’ Media Assets.
What you will be doing:
- Work collaboratively with various divisions and functions within Media, including but not limited to: Sales, Traffic, Marketing, Research, Finance, and Content teams to develop and maintain planning models to support ad revenue impact and analysis for all Media Properties and selling options including: annual budgets; monthly/quarterly forecasts; trending and pacing, etc
- Responsible for providing variance analysis and explanation on Actual Results vs. Budgets, Forecasts and Prior Year for Advertising Revenue activities
- Develop and maintain standardized business case models that support new / changing ad revenue ideas / ventures (long, medium and/or short-term).
- Help manage timelines and planning calendars for all media groups to ensure pro-active and strategic decision making
- Support and contribute to a system of transparency and collaboration with sales leaders across Media to ensure all are agreeable and accountable to the revenue strategies and goals
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to establish and manage Sales Territories and Quotas for all Media Platforms: TV, Digital, Publishing , Radio, and Client Solutions
- Manage weekly/monthly KPI reporting and analyses, which involves but is not limited to:
- Advertising sales/territory on all RMI brands and platforms (TV, digital, publishing, radio)
- Market share reporting, predictive modeling
- Agency deal tracking
- Category Analysis
- Provide ongoing sales support and ad-hoc inquiries as required
- Month End accrual mechanics and preparation
- Process documentation and cross training
- Ad-hoc reports as required
What you have:
- 3-5 years of related business experience
- Professional accounting designation is preferred (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or an MBA with an emphasis on finance or accounting
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting principles with excellent analytical capabilities and strong process documentation skills.
- Experience in a corporate finance and / or planning environment is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in Excel and BI tools for efficient data manipulation & modeling
- Self-starter who proactively adapts to a changing environment
- Media Industry experience an asset
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
Requisition ID: 164880
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.