Sr Network Designer
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Participate in developing technical options analysis and providing an optimum recommendation that meets the stated requirements in functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, cost and support, within the specified boundaries determined by the Business Requirements Document, Solution Design Documents and architectural designs.
- Review, develop and produce appropriate professional Engineering documentation and support the defined rating solutions and products within the established architecture and security policies and guidelines.
- Ensure consistent adherence to disciplined, methodical, security conscious and professional engineering design process. Identify and apply established guidelines to manage technical, product, and business risks effectively.
- Represent the Engineering team and coordinate with peer departments such as Product Development, Planning, Implementation, IT, and Operations to ensure effective planning and efficient implementation and hand-over between departments.
- Collaborate with Network peers to develop a common plan on key initiatives such as platform evolution, platform capacity requirements and budgets.
- in depth understanding of billing and charging concepts and experience with Online Charging and Policy Enforcement (OCS, PCRF, PCEF)
- In-depth knowledge of 3G/4G/5G architecture
- Minimum 2 yrs experience in design and implementation of Sandvine PTS/SPB/SDE platforms.
- Experience working on vertica/postgres cluster.
- Proficiency in sandscripting.
- Traffic analysis in depth using tools like Wireshark, TCPDump and others
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GRE, SIP, RTP, MGCP, H.323,RTCP,HLS,HDS,RTMP, …)
- Commanding knowledge of Unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD, etc.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No Selection
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 155139
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.