Sr. Operations & Devops Specialist
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking a Sr. Operations & DevOps Specialist to lead to manage initiatives within the Network Video and Entertainment Services organization. Reporting to the Manager of Syndicated Service Support at 8200 Dixie Rd. Brampton. This is an exciting opportunity if you are passionate about technology and investigative research and diverse projects. Be a part of a dynamic team responsible for driving forward our multi services portfolio such as IPTV, IP Home Phone, Gigabit-internet and more. Aside from your technical skills, you are a leader that is passionate about DevOps and investigating root cause. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading-edge technologies in a fast-paced environment within a large organization.
What you will be doing...
- Ensure operational readiness and solution projects aimed at improving the efficiency and productivity of our workforce through process, tool and people change management.
- Test Automation (including unit, integration, regression, load and performance testing, and transitioning to production monitoring)
- Continuous Integration (approach to build and validate code through automated testing and/or code analysis whenever code is checked in to the version control system)
- Continuous Deployment (extends continuous integration concept to include automated deployment across environments)
- Engage in performance and fault analysis for issues requiring in-depth, extended investigation. Recommend unique approaches to issue resolution, including situation analysis, testing strategies, and fault reproduction.
- Develop tools to automate diagnostics and trending utilizing tools such as Splunk, Business Objects and Automation servers.
- Serve as the top tier in fault identification, isolation, analysis, and resolution for Syndicated Services.
- Responsible for ensuring seamless introduction of new technology platforms, services and features into Service Operations.
- Actively participate in Agile Workstreams with focus on service support and minimal customer disruption of service. Creation of artifacts for use during deployment.
- Collaborate with development, life cycle and platform regarding identified logical and physical network design issues and network performance
- Must be willing to work in an on-call environment
What technical qualities you have...
- Git, Jenkins, SoapUI, SOAP, RESTful Web Services
- ITIL and Agile knowledge.
- Experience setting up and regularly using monitoring, trending and logging tools (Splunk, Business Objects, etc.)
- Familiarity with telecommunications and IP technologies.(Routing, multicast, MPLS, SIP)
- Analytical mindset with a strong desire to identify service-affecting trends and investigate root cause then to work to see them through to resolution.
- Knowledge of Video Services (LTV, VOD, Cloud PVR, PPV), Wireline Voice and internet services, or an interest to learn.
What non-technical qualities you have...
- Strong customer focus and sensitivity to customer needs.
- A desire for you and your team to be the best we can be. With a strong desire for accountability.
- Excellent ability to influence without a span of control
- Advanced communication, consensus building, presentation and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with cross-functional teams, both horizontally and vertically diverse.
- Excellent people skills, whether 1:1 or in a group environment
- Energetic self-starter, who thrives in an ever-evolving environment, actively seeks out improvements.
- Innovation/Creative Thinking, Problem Solving/Judgment, Achievement Orientation and Listening, Understanding and Responding.
Schedule: Full time
Shift: On Call
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.