Sr. Designer , Ux/Ui
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Senior UX/UI Designer
At Rogers, we're for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you're a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become a reality. We embrace change and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant digital future for Canadians, working as a team to meet our customer's needs. Rogers is at the helm of embracing its part in a digital future.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer, eager to join our growing Digital team. This role is for a senior individual contributor, advocating UX/UI design value in project teams, independently leading design work in a cross-functional team environment and collaborating with designer peers, directors and business primes from various perspectives.
This role requires an individual with experience in:
- User-centric design,
- Visual design
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Engaging in user research and testing
- Conceptualizing and executing creative solutions
- Participating in design thinking and co-creation of the design system
- Creation of low/high fidelity assets such as flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mock-ups
- Communicating the rationale behind design strategies, decisions, and ideas
We are looking for an extraordinary thinker and visionary that can contribute to each phase of the design process. You will engage with our product and technology (IT) stakeholders, with every chance to create a product or improve an experience that our customers will love.
Daily, you will be responsible for:
- Designing user interface (UI) elements that provide an interactive, informative and engaging experience
- Working closely with the user experience team to create online prototypes for usability testing
- Work and collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development of projects, creation/refinement of presentation materials
- Accountable for all elements of asset delivery to development teams
- Assisting with maintaining design style guides for desktop and mobile experiences
- Speaking to and presenting on the functionality and components of interactive features with cross-functional teams including the development team and stakeholders
- Provide support to Senior Visual Designers as needed
- Mentoring more junior designers on the team
What you have:
- At least 3 to 5 years of design experience with digital platforms
- At least 1 to 2 years of design experience on large-scale systems or business-oriented platforms
- Strong artistic sense and proven design leadership
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Sketch app and Adobe Creative Suite, prototyping tools such as Axure, and Invision
- Desktop and mobile UI design experience including responsive design experience
- A team player; Proven ability to work with teams and stakeholders
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve problems in creative approaches
- Ability to work independently and seek stakeholder engagement proactively.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Creative
Requisition ID: 156360
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.