Sports and Media New Grad Leadership Development Program
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We know starting a new job can be daunting, let us help you launch a meaningful career at Rogers and secure a permanent position through our New Grad Leadership Development Program. You’ll gain direct experience in the area of our business you’ve chosen to explore, and leverage your educational background and skills to help move our business forward.
Throughout the entire program, you’ll have exposure to leadership and development training that will foster your potential. You’ll be paired with an all-star support structure who will work with you to ensure your professional goals and objectives are realized. We’ll also organize social and networking opportunities to help connect you with your peers, colleagues and senior leaders. To learn more about the program and who we look for, visit https://campus.rogers.com/new-grad-leadership-development-program/
All about Rogers Sports and Media
How do you inform, entertain, and inspire a country? You start with a vision: create compelling content that matters to Canadians. From there, you build a top team of creative, technical, and strategic thinkers who are passionately dedicated to bringing our shared vision to life. When you work in Sports & Media at Rogers, you have a hand in shaping an iconic portfolio of award-winning TV, Radio and Sports properties. Join us through our New Grad to kick start your career and help bring many of Canada’s top media brands to life.
What you will do:
Selected candidates for the Rogers Sports and Media New Grad program will be placed in a corporate position supporting our content pillars. As part of the program you may be placed in such departments as Marketing/Brand, Sales, Business Development, Business Affairs, or Media Insights. In any of these roles we are looking for someone who will bring the following key skills:
Problem Solving & Insight: Provide insight to help resolve business choices
- Understand the specific challenges and opportunities facing Rogers Media
- Outline the analytical approaches and key steps required to resolve specific issues
- Build accurate financial and analytical models and synthesize insight from this analysis – NOTE: May be only for BD roles.
- Develop actionable recommendations for key business decisions
Communications & Presence: Communicate effectively with clients and team in various mediums and situations
- Credibly and effectively communicate findings, both orally and in writing
- Add constructively to debate and dialogue with facts and reason; challenge assumptions and inputs
Project Management: Lead specific pieces of analysis within select projects
- Produce quality deliverables on time and as committed
- Implement agreed upon solutions, managing stakeholders and project activities to completion
- Multi-task effectively, juggling multiple projects and/or work-streams at one time
Client Interaction: Build respectful and productive relationships with business leads and project team members
- Manage independently and with support in a variety of circumstances e.g., one-on-one, small groups
- Serve as strategic thought partner to department leadership
Contribution and Collaboration: Work collaboratively and effectively across the organization
- Facilitate effective interaction across business units and functional lines of business
- Act independently and take on challenges willingly
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma Program or completed your Bachelors Degree / Diploma Program in 2020 in programs such as Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent. Must be graduated by program start date in May 2021.
- A deep passion for sports and/or media content.
- Strong interest in strategy, brand building, business development, and/or sales
- Strong organizational acumen and teamwork skills
- Strong communications (written & oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of presence - confident and comfortable working with senior management
- Strong time management capabilities, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and objectives
- Strong sense of initiative and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups or on their own
- Results oriented, flexible and willing to work in a multi-task and dynamic work environment
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (WFH), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Student/New Grad & New Grad
Requisition ID: 203510
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Student & New Grads