Small Business Field Sales
At Rogers, we recognize that success is determined by the strength of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Every day, we strive to build a brilliant digital future for Canadians. We work as one team, with one goal –serve our customers better.
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work.
Right now we are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and do what really matters. Reporting to the Sales Manager, Small Business Sales, this sales prospecting and development role is responsible for the promotion of a full suite of Rogers' products and services to small business customers.
This will include:
- Wireless voice and data
- Internet access
- Business phone services and a variety of applications
- Identifying new sources of opportunities for sales in small office/home office (SBS) through cold calling and prospecting
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with Small Business Accounts within your territory
- Assist in the development of strategies that minimize the competitive threat, retain existing customers and increase our revenues from these customers
- Attract Business customers to purchase Digital Cable TV, Rogers Hi Speed Internet, Rogers Business Phone, Rogers Wireless solutions and other select products
- Document and submit sales orders on a timely basis for input into our database
- Manage and update your business in Salesforce.com on a consistent basis and maintain all key performance indicators
- Engage in regular monthly and quarterly business reviews and daily/weekly forecast activities.
- Participate in funnel meetings, as appropriate, as well as planning and delivery of the annual territory and account plans
- Leverage product/company/industry expertise to overcome objections, land new accounts, and secure upgrade opportunities within our existing customer base where appropriate
- Manage your territory by contacting customers and prospects on a daily basis to identify, manage, close or up-sell opportunities through all sales stages
- Gain access to key stakeholders for new account development
- Leverage strong prospecting, account management and closing skills, to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly goals as well as other defined sales objectives
- Employ a consultative, needs-based sales approach to provide solutions to customers
- Have previous relevant sales experience and thrive in a target driven environment. Small business sales experience is an asset
- Demonstrate the ability to positively influence customers (propose options/solutions)
- Possess advanced computer knowledge (Windows-based systems, use of a CRM tool and internet navigation)
- 3-5 years' of B2B experience and/or sales experience and/or telecommunications experience preferred
- Uses Sales and Leadership Skills to build customer relationships and develop client based solutions using Roger's products and services
- Exceptional skills with productivity tools such as MS Office & Outlook including Salesforce.com
- Upbeat, self-motivated tenacious team player who is a fast learner, detail oriented and has the ability to work independently
- Above average written and verbal communication skills that translates well in person and on the phone
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience successfully calling into Director or C-level positions
- Outstanding organizational and follow-thru skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, under pressure and very tight deadlines
- Excellent research skills with strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Experience working in a highly automated metrics-based organization with a track record in achieving and succeeding goals
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 855 York Mills Rd. (022), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Door-to-door
Requisition ID: 87761
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We've been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we'll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
Why Rogers? Because we believe the best is yet to come.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where employees are supported in reaching their full potential. At Rogers, we are an accessible employer who believes in and appreciates diversity. We will gladly accommodate the physical needs of applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process and ensure they are working in an accessible space. Please notify the recruiter and/or hiring manager you've been in touch with if you require an accommodation. You can also contact RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com. We will work with all applicants to support their individual accessibility needs.