Show Execution Coordinator
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Todays Shopping Choice is a leading interactive, multi-channel retailer, offering a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. As one of Canada's most innovative and diversified retailers, The Shopping Channel incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry leaders to provide a unique shopping experience, where customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty, Jewellery, Home/Lifestyle, Fashion/Accessories, and Electronics.
As the only live broadcast retailer in Canada, we operate within various channels of Broadcasting, Digital & Call Centers
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing show execution from beginning to end. We are looking for a proactive candidate with exemplary project management skills, exceptional organizational skills, a multitasker and problem solver. The successful candidate will work closely with the on-air crew, hosts, guest/vendors, show planners, managers and buying team to ensure the overall show vision is flawlessly executed.
- Act as the overall "quarterback" for shows ensuring Merchandising, Planning, Producer, Brand, Host and Guest are all aligned on execution.
- Execute show/demo rehearsal or walkthrough prior to air.
- Quality Control: Ensure all samples and props are in studio and in demo-ready order. Ensure model samples fit perfectly and ready for air.
- Meet with programmer to review the show strategy and script. Review script changes with producer. Input overnight changes as per programmer instructions
- Monitor scripts for revisions and ensure an on-air action plan reflects any changes. Ensure hosts have most recent scripts.
- Work with Scenic/Staging to ensure all product is set up and camera ready.
- Assist scenic/staging with complicated setups
- Oversee dressing rooms, including posting signage, assigning dressing rooms, monitor supplies and assess room cleanliness
- Be key point person for guests, ensuring they review props, setup and samples. Provide new guests with a tour, ensure guests are in studio prior to their show and ready for air.
- Be contact person for studio and dressing room cleaning staff
- Other duties, as required.
- Experience in production, preferably in a coordination role
- A proven multi-tasker, highly organized and detail oriented. Must be proactive.
- Strong communication skills and project management skills a must.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross functional partners in a matrix organization; strong ability to influence
Please note that this is a 12 months contract position.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 169294
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first.
- They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.