At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We support and encourage employees to find long term success and explore opportunities that play to their individual strengths and passions.
We value lateral moves as much as vertical promotions – we believe all roles should develop your skills, broaden your experience, and help you build a rewarding career at Rogers. We've established a new set of internal hiring rules to help you find long-term success at Rogers. Click here to access Your Career @ Rogers – Ground Rules and become familiar with the new requirements.
Scope of Position:
You are a task-focused, detail-oriented, team player that will thrive under the pressure of our fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Manager of Design and Activation, you will be responsible for provisioning orders for Rogers Business products and services. Your primary function is to order access services from our partners, configure network elements and issue internal work orders, all in accordance with our technical standards, to ensure quality and timely delivery of the requested solutions. Responsive to the needs of our customers, you will take full ownership of your orders, work with internal stakeholders and external vendors, and act proactively as required, to ensure our quality measures and aggressive implementation timelines are met by continually striving to meet and exceed our SLAs.
Your second function is to backup the Hardware Specialist to ensure tasks in Mega Tool are scheduled accordingly, Equipment is getting staging in a timely matter, maintaining our inventory internally and with 3rd party vendor as well as creating POs.
- Receive assigned requests for services from Rogers Business Account and Project Management Teams Check incoming requests for quality against facilities availability and standard product descriptions Design and provision access links and/or lease Access from ILECs/CLECs for off-footprint end-points Issue work orders to downstream partners Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and successful service implementation.
Qualifications/Skills being sought:
- Strong knowledge of data communication technologies, including Ethernet (Private Line and Virtual Private Line), WDM and SONET.
- Highly proficient computer skills, especially Excel, Word, Telnet and CLI and GUI based provisioning systems.
Soft Skills Required:
- Must be able to work in a team environment yet be self-directed, proactive, and action-oriented.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills Must have excellent diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
Posting Type: Internal and External Candidates Considered
Hiring Manager: Tuan Do
Recruiter: Nazish Ansari
Salary Grade: 4
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Bargaining Unit/Union: NON - None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Referral Bonus Amount: $$0.00
At Rogers, success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide how we work:
1. Simplify and innovate
2. Take ownership of the what and the how
3. Equip people to succeed
4. Execute with discipline and pride
5. Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
As you consider what's next, remember that we work as one team, with one goal – to serve our customers better.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.