Senior Financial Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Consumer Wireless Finance team is seeking a strong and dedicated Senior Finance Analyst to join their Communications Finance Group and support the Consumer Wireless Business (Rogers & Fido Brands).
The Senior Finance Lead will lead and guide consumer wireless service revenue growth initiatives.
A thought leader, the Senior Finance Analyst will contribute to set/lead the tactical direction based on thorough understanding of business issues, financial goals and competitive environment.
The Senior Manager will also act as a prime for the Rogers Consumer Brand and support the Rogers Senior Leadership team.
This position will work very closely with various teams to provide value-added analysis on Wireless Revenue and act as a contact for all Wireless initiatives that require data support. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker that looks at Financial and Business issues with a different perspective to highlight risks and opportunities.
- Lead the end to end forecast and month end process for wireless service revenue. Work collaboratively to ensure pricing tactics and competitive matches are evaluated and optimized for impact to service revenue.
- Building and maintaining revenue and KPIs budget and forecast models at the Regional and National level
- Act as the point of contact to our key business partners: Pricing and the Rogers & Fido Brand Leadership teams
- Lead results & Forecast process’ meetings with stakeholders articulating changes in service revenue trends, Hardware economics and ROI on investments made in given period.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the overall month end closing process for the Wireless Service Revenue portfolio in accordance with IFRS. Act as key partner to the controllers’ team.
- Proactively make recommendations and champion opportunities to improve performance via process enhancements supported by valid data.
- Evaluate new programs and their implications in the Service Revenue portfolio. Provide financial and business case support on PDP/Business Case analysis with respect to the financial feasibility of product launches /changes in programs/pricing. Challenge assumptions and status quo to improve the financial results of the portfolio.
- Work on ad hoc and special projects as needed
- Professional Accounting Designation, CA, CMA, CGA or MBA.
- Knowledge and experience with IFRS 15.
- 3-5 years experience in a progressive working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to interact with all organizational levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Oracle or similar system, and Microsoft Office.
As part of the recruitment process Candidates will be required to complete a criminal and credit check.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.