Senior Financial Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
This position, reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Internal Controls, is responsible to support the company in maintaining effective management processes and system of Internal Controls. This function helps provide assurance to the Board of Directors and senior management with respect to the quality of the internal control system and works collaboratively with business and IT owners to reduce the risk of loss and reputational damage to the company. The position requires regular interaction and collaboration with internal departments, external contractors and external auditors to track, monitor and report testing progress, to accurately prepare and / or update documentation, facilitate deficiency remediation, and processing of various certification sign-offs. This individual will play a critical role in sustaining a strong internal controls environment by maintaining a high performance culture, embedding and sharing best practices across the organization.
- Work with Rogers' internal and external stakeholders to ensure that internal controls are appropriately identified and designed to mitigate identified risks.
- Facilitate SOX 404 compliance by working with business and IT owners to design, enhance, and optimize internal controls to ensure they are risk focused, appropriately documented and tested by appropriate parties.
- Manage and track the completion of monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual and ad-hoc certification documents.
- Accountable for the ongoing maintenance of relevant internal control documents repository.
- Work with relevant parties to remediate deficiencies, where applicable.
- Assist the team in ensuring that controls (business and IT) are appropriately designed and documented for new processes and key initiatives / projects.
- Serve as the primary custodian over various tools/applications required to produce internal control documents.
- Design audit program and procedures to perform control testing where identified for SOX or ongoing projects.
- Perform other supporting activities (i.e., ad hoc analyses and/or reporting, maintenance of group mailbox) as required.
- Represent the team on outsourcing deals negotiations, third party reports, system conversions or new projects, as applicable.
- Continually develop, enhance and/or implement process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Designing and delivering training to internal stakeholders to promote internal control awareness and compliance across the organization.
- Manage, monitor and report overall testing activities by leading multiple project status meetings, preparing and/or reviewing meeting materials, completion of project and executive dashboards, etc.
- Perform reconciliations as needed for the controls library to that of external testers records to ensure that controls are covered for testing.
- Keep the Control Library, Internal Control Application / Database and SharePoint site up to date at all times
- Maintain regular communication with the team regarding Internal Control matters.
- Prepare weekly action items list for Internal Control department and provide progress on open items to Internal Controls management.
- Advance the group's reputation by ensuring that practices and methodologies applied are maintained at the level of quality expected of a strong internal controls group, ensuring that focus is also placed on "value" add activities.
- Be innovative and willing to make changes to deliver better value to stakeholders.
- Be a positive role model and continually focus on the strategic priorities while demonstrating Rogers values.
- Be and be seen as a knowledgeable person within specific technical competency roles aligned to the needs of the group.
- Be and be seen as a knowledgeable person in business, client and controls related matters by keeping current on new thinking practices and finding ways of sharing these across the organization.
- Additional support may be required outside of standard hours during busy times and/or special projects.
- Some travel between Brampton and Toronto campuses may be required.
- Degree in Business with a major in Accounting and/or a professional accounting/auditing designation (eg. CA, CGA, CMA, CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP).
- 3 years+ experience in working with controls and risk concepts including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and knowledge of risk management frameworks such as COBIT, COSO.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting processes, technology risk and business control design.
- Experience designing and documenting controls.
- Experience of operational & financial audits, risk based audit planning including identifying and evaluating key risks, performing risk assessment at entity and process level.
- Experience testing internal controls (ICOFR), including IT general controls and IT application controls preferred.
- Experience in designing and reviewing policies & procedures/ manuals for standardizing operations.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e. able to create pivot tables, comparatives and charts). Must be able to create flow charts using Visio.
- Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, planning and organizational skills required.
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work with various groups and individuals throughout the Rogers' Group of Companies.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, exhibiting flexibility, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to adjust to competing and/or rapidly changing priorities.
- Manage duties with minimal supervision demonstrating accountability, a strong sense of urgency and initiative in owning tasks to completion.
- Positive, professional and friendly attitude.
- As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Audit / Compliance
Requisition ID: 155701
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.