Senior Financial Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Senior Financial Analyst, Wireless Performance Management
We're looking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst to be a part of our Rogers for Business Unit (R4B) Wireless Finance team in the role of Sr. Financial Analyst, Wireless Performance Management.
Reporting to the Sr. Finance Manager, Wireless Performance Management, you are a professional that can interface with cross functional teams and senior management with the objective of providing end to end Finance support in a fast-paced environment.
This dynamic position is ideal for high potential candidates who have built extensive experience in data analytics roles and are seeking experience in a hybrid finance/operational role.
The portfolio of responsibilities is extensive and requires a well-rounded, versatile candidate capable of excelling in all areas, including planning, reporting, operational controls, strategic analysis, and system development.
What you'll be doing:
- Prime data analytics supports to R4B Wireless Finance including but not limited to Revenue, Business Case, Subscribers, SLT/ELT requests, etc… with superior data mining and data manipulation skills.
- Define data/output/reporting requirements suiting internal or external customers' needs and ensure accuracy of data extracts
- Responsible for performing coding and system parameter setting and transform large and complex data sets from various source systems into meaningful reports and analyses
- Provide guidance in extracting financial data for various external wireless groups including, but not limited to Pricing, Commercial strategy, Controllers and Sales teams.
- Develop and maintain a consolidated Wireless Portfolio driver based database, forecasting model, integrating inputs from Wireless Revenue and Equipment teams; ensure consistency with business strategy
- Develop and implement strong controls to validate data/report integrity for the wireless portfolio
- Perform ad-hoc queries and develop/automate financial/statistical models using a variety of software applications (Excel, SAS/SQL); provide recommendations and insights
- Investigate, size and resolve potential data discrepancies, pricing errors, source system extraction failures, and other potential errors resulting in data pollutions.
- Liaise with IT to understand best sources of data and tables
- Work closely with Data & Analytics team to develop new and enhance existing processes to improve data management for wireless portfolio
- Lead special projects / ad-hoc assignments as required
What you have:
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Commerce, Business Management, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial data analytics, marketing insights in a telecommunications or related industry, considered as a strong asset.
- 3-5 years programming skills with advanced knowledge of SAS (incl. Base and/or EG), SQL, data analytics software.
- 3-5 years of experience in Enterprise Business Warehouse and Database management.
- The ability to construct datasets, ensure data quality and perform quantitative / basic statistical analysis.
- Detail oriented personality with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Keen desire and ability to sift through large amounts of data and simplify into meaningful report
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel.
- Excellent team player & great ability to work effectively and autonomously.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities.
- Completed or working towards an MBA and/or Accounting designation (CPA), considered as an asset
Builds strong relationships
- Demonstrates a positive attitude with an adaptable and collaborative style
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with peers and superiors across organizational lines
- Identifies and prioritizes high importance requests both internally and with clients
- Exercises sound judgment, can make decisions with a sense of urgency and assumes responsibility for decisions, actions, and results that have an impact on people and/or service quality
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail – this involves the ability to work quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities
Not sure if you should apply for this role? Talk to your Manager or your HR Business Partner.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What does it mean to join Canada's most dynamic communications and media company? It means working with the best and brightest to deliver innovation that makes a difference in the lives of Canadians. It's enjoying great work and even greater rewards. Working together, we make sure our customers stay inspired, informed, and in touch with advanced networks, powerhouse media brands, and technologically-advanced communications services. It's a thrill. It's rewarding. It's Rogers.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 149818
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.