Senior Financial Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
As a member of the Care Finance team, you will be supporting the Care Management team to deliver an efficient, quality and value added customer experience while interacting with various cross functional teams.
- Execute period close procedures including preparation of journal entries, segment consolidation, analytical review of financial results, and distribution of Management and Finance reporting packages.
- Provide value add variance commentary on financial results and key business indicators in partnership with Care Management.
- Build relationships with Care Management and other departments to ensure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall reporting process.
- Maintain and develop sophisticated forward looking financial models to support performance management with trend and program impact assumptions
- Diligently track financial, program, and KBI results against multiple comparison points including Forecast, Budget, and Prior Year.
- Represent Care as Finance lead for large cross functional projects in terms of business case analysis for cost inputs and financial impacts.
- Lead special projects / ad-hoc assignments as required. Establish and validate assumptions to assess financial impact and prepare sensitivity analysis
- Conduct post-implementation reviews of major projects with project owners and proactively challenge status quo
- Field questions from the Controllers Group as required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- University Degree in business (B.Comm/ MBA) or CPA accounting designation
- Strong computer/ financial modeling skills
- Strong communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment and ability to see the big picture
- Strong understanding of Telecom and Cable networks
- Ability to dig and correlate variables to formulate a story out of complex issues and business case development
- Ability to build strong relationships with business groups and other finance organizations
- Comfortable interacting with Senior Executives and sitting in on meetings when Manager is unavailable
As part of the Recruitment process, Successful Candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Financial Planning and Analysis
Requisition ID: 167183
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.