Scrum Master Api/Mulesoft
Location: Brampton, ON, CA, L6T 0C1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Communications is seeking a Scrum Master whose goal is to lead a SCRUM team, coach and make recommendations for improvements and share industry best practices to ensure deliveries as per the Agile Methodology. You will be working on “Rogers For Business” (R4B) initiatives ensuring API projects are delivered on time within budget and with good quality. Reporting into a Sr. Delivery Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for delivering the right and cost effective IT solution to our Business partners.
- Leading and Guiding the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to benefit internal and external customers.
- Playing the role of a Scrum Master for API Scrum team.
- Guiding the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Works with various IT teams, e.g., QA, other development teams, IT PMs to develop realistic IT solution and Agile delivery schedule.
- Coordinates team efforts to resolve complex issues and conflicts and escalate to executive level wherever required.
- Works with stakeholders and develop aggressive yet achievable roadmaps.
- Promotes quality, innovation, teamwork, and timely communication of issues / opportunities.
- Builds trusted relationships throughout IT organization to enable delivery of client requirements.
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 2 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience with the products such as Jira and Confluence
- Effective communicator both oral and written, with the ability to frame technology issues in business terms.
- Leadership capabilities: Customer Service Orientation, Teamwork and Collaboration, Adaptability and Ability to influence, negotiate and drive initiatives.
- Highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to influence and engage colleagues, along with a broad understanding of the businesses they support.
- Takes ownership for high quality internal, external, IT, and business unit stakeholder communications.
- SCRUM Master Certification
- Experience is playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. (Adjust based on your necessity)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban,
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Excellent Written, Verbal and presentation skills
- Nice to have - General understanding of Rogers overall business and practices
- Nice to have - General understanding of Cloud based technologies
Nice to have – PMP Certification
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 165414
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.