Retail Sales Associate - Toronto Blue Jays
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Toronto Blue Jays retail stores, located at the Rogers Centre is looking for enthusiastic people to join our team and fill positions as Sales Associate. Our team driven culture and environment is fast paced and exciting, and we are always seeking ways to improve and grow, with a focus on winning, achievement and respect. If you have previous retail or customer service experience, a passion for baseball, and a flexible work schedule, we would like to hear from you.
Please note that this is a contract position.
- Enthusiastically interact and engage our guests in a timely manner, servicing their needs to ensure the ultimate fan experience.
- Responsible for ensuring that the general operation of the store is carried out in the most professional, organized, and profitable manner possible.
- Opening and closing locations as required.
- Responsible for having complete understanding of all systems and products available in the store.
- Ensure that displays and appearance of the store is attractive, reflects popular or new products and relates to specific events or promotions occurring at the Rogers Centre.
- Responsible for processing sales, balancing the cash register and organizing sales receipts and reports.
- Any other duties as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills complimented with a friendly and professional manner
- Energetic and motivated
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, team environment
- Must be able and interested in supporting a team environment and adhering to the Toronto Blue Jays Mission and Policies
- Must have baseball knowledge
- Previous retail experience required
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple priorities and perform well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Must be available to work on Toronto Blue Jays home game days and weekends as required
- Must be available to work any Rogers Centre Events scheduled as required
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 10 Months
Work Location: 1 Blue Jays Way (210), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Retail (In Store / Hourly) & Sales and Service
Requisition ID: 135494
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.