At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
660 News has a rare opening for a Reporter. If you are a seasoned broadcast journalist with a passion for news, and want to be a part of an award-winning news team in beautiful Calgary, this is the job for you. This is a full-time position reporting to the Evening Managing Editor - at our Calgary broadcast centre.
- Engaging story-teller with strong on-air performance
- Delivers reports from the field, with writing and delivery that transports listeners to the scene
- Multi-tasking, filing for radio, television (CityNews), web, and social media as necessary
- Ensures news content is of the highest standards and serves 660 News listeners in the best possible way
- Contributes to the editorial direction of 660 News by bringing story ideas to the table each day
- Engages in social media in a way that best serves the 660 News listener
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the industry
- Graduate of a recognized broadcast journalism program
- Superior on-air skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well, both independently and as part of a team
- Experience using Burli
- Strong understanding of what 660 News listeners care about
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 151949
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.