Radio Systems Designer
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Rogers is currently seeking a Radio Systems Designer to join their Radio Engineering team. This position will report directly to the Manager, Radio Access Solutions. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has graduated and looking to build their career in this space.
What you'll be doing...
- Responsible for the RF engineering design and system performance of wireless networks.
- Radio systems design for LTE small cells
- Assist in developing web based scripts to improve standard engineering processes.
- Participate and conduct network wide trials and technology evaluation programs
- Applies propagation theory, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory to select tower antenna placement, height, site configuration and power to maximize coverage, capacity and performance of the network.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders from other engineering disciplines (ex. Planning, Core Networks, OSS, PMO, etc.)
- Work effectively with equipment and service vendors and provide presentations of engineering results and recommendations
- Project management, planning and resource management
What you'll have...
- University Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Computer)
- Small cell and C-RAN architecture design
- Strong technical understanding in UMTS/HSPA and LTE-FDD/TDD networks
- Excellent understanding of radio propagation principles (High/Low bands, mmWave)
- Good theoretical understanding of Radio and Antenna system design
- Working proficiently with RF Planning tools (geo-analytics, big data tools)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 116513
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.