Promotions Representative - Radio
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers Radio is seeking a Part-time Promotions Representative who is energetic and enthusiastic. This position is located out of our Toronto office and reporting to the Promotions Manager. This position will require someone who is able to work flexible hours and will attend all major station and clients' promotional events.
- Execute station events and on-site promotions, including set-up of various signage, equipment, and driving of branded vehicles for 98.1 CHFI, KiSS 92.5, 680News and Sportsnet 590 The FAN
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and general public
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with other team members and key partners
- Set-up client remotes with all required components (prizing, broadcast equipment, vehicle and signage), overseeing technical aspects as required
- Must be capable of setting up/operating broadcast equipment for Live To Air events, sporting events and other live broadcasts as required
- Produce on location live broadcasts from in-studio
- Maintain promotional signage and handouts, equipment, station vehicles and storage area
- Maximize station presence and visibility at all events
- Attend all major station promotions and designated client promotions as required
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Provide regular event feedback, including post-event wrap up reports
- Graduate of Radio Broadcasting program or previous radio work experience
- Comfortable with appearing on-air during short hits from promotional locations is an asset.
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public is a must
- Strong knowledge of Toronto radio is a must
- Must be able to take initiative and flourish in a team environment
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, overnights and holidays - occasionally on short notice
- Willingness and ability to roll up your sleeves to lift heavy objects and set-up station displays, while treating equipment with care and respect
- Experience with Social Media, Photoshop, Wordpress, video editing software are all assets
- Must hold a valid Ontario G Class driver's license.
Schedule: Part time
Shift: Flex Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Promotions / Event
Requisition ID: 130848
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.