At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
TSC's blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a unique and engaging working environment. If you're looking for a rewarding and exciting career and enjoy producing a variety of studio programming both LIVE and taped; you're the person we're looking for.
Our ideal candidate will engage the audience by delivering compelling, informative and relevant content on multiple media platforms.
- Responsible for taking live shows to air, preparing the rundown, overseeing and executing the production of video and graphic elements to enhance show presentations
- Meet with vendor, brand spokesperson and host to discuss execution of their live show presentation and provide direction and guidance to director and crew on show flows, vendor requests and graphic elements
- Liaise with other producers, the merchandising team and planners on a regular basis
- Contribute to creative brainstorms on new content, including branded content development
- Oversee daily rundown changes and work with production crew in editorial discussions, writing scripts, packaging, graphics elements, out-of-show teasing, show timing and field coordination
- Complete pre-production tasks for assigned show blocks
- Follow up with crew and talent after show block to solicit and provide feedback through shift reports
- Pitch, write, research, storyboard and rough edit field segments that will used for multi-platform content
- Work variable shifts on an on-call basis
- At least 2-3 years experience producing in a LIVE environment and/or in the field
- Working knowledge and/or working experience with rundown software, EVS, Xpression graphic software and media management
- Ability to lead a team, motivate staff and personally set the highest professional standards
- An excellent communicator, writer and leader willing to express and support his/her ideas at editorial and vendor meetings
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Fluent in the digital content space with an ability to identify trending stories on social media and how TSC can leverage their brands
- The successful candidate must be a take charge person with a keen ability to think strategically and react quickly under pressure in an ever changing environment
- Must lead by example, manage and maintain harmony among the staff while ensuring the continued development of the team
- Bachelor degree in Television or Mass Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 59 Ambassador Dr (096), Mississauga, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Production
Requisition ID: 163018
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.