Planner, In Building & Small Cells
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Planner, In-Building and Small Cells Planning
As a Planner on the In-Building and Small Cells Planning team, you will be responsible for scoping the investment and direction needed to evolve the Rogers Wireless networks in the areas of In-Building and Small Cells to meet the present and future needs of customers. In this role, you will have opportunity to apply your superior analytical skills and wireless technical knowledge, as you innovate cost effective plans for solutions to provide the best customer experience.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Manager, In-Building and Small Cells Planning
- Collaborate on development of a national 3 yr plan for in-building and outdoor small cell applications
- Develop analysis algorithms to use geodata sources and other network statistical data to identify the most beneficial investment opportunities for in-building infrastructure.
- Interface with Macro Planning Team to identify all areas requiring challenged coverage augmentation where Macro sites cannot be implement for whatever reason (eg, high end residential, specific municipal restrictions, etc), and plan outdoor small cell requirements to address)
- Interface with internal design and implementation groups for best fit solutions and costing
- Analyse/prioritise most needed indoor small cell requirements to provide experience enhancement and capacity augmentation
- Execute network stats analysis and work directly with Business Units to identify in-building needs and incorporate into network plans.
- Assist in the preparation of the budget for inclusion in large network CAs.
- Provide guidance and direction to internal design groups to oversee realisation of plans
- Prepare competitive analysis to fully understand competitor’s small cell and in-building investment motivations and tactics.
- Maintain current knowledge of vendor small cell technology evolution roadmaps and initiate appropriate first technical implementations as necessary to investigate applicability to address Rogers needs
- Work with municipalities and large landlords together with internal Real Estate specialists to develop strategic arrangements for small cells and in-building coverage solutions.
- Monitor spend and progress for In-Building and Small Cell network investment
- Collaborate with other internal and external departments as required
- Assist the manager to execute actions and deliver results in an organised fashion
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Financial reporting knowledge for cost modelling and budgeting
- Ability to work effectively with equipment and service vendors
- Prepare executive level professional presentations of engineering plans and recommendations
- Extensive experience in data analysis for development of business and technical modelling to determine feasibility and to drive beneficial outcomes
- Minimum 4 years experience in the wireless telecom industry
- Preference given to extensive experience in the area of 3G/LTE network design
- Extensive in-building design experience using IBWave would be an asset
- Strong organisation and presentation skills including proficient use of PowerPoint and Excel and experience preparing highly effective presentations and reporting.
- University Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Telecommunications) preferred
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 4710 Kingsway, Suite 1600 (157), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 114207
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.