Oss Senior Systems Analyst
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Operations Support Systems (OSS) division is primarily focused on the mission-critical information systems that enable Network Operations and Engineering forces to pro-actively interact with Network devices for the purpose of Fault Management, Configuration, Accounting management and Performance. As well, OSS is the secured foundation for many automated processes commanding massive data transfers between software platforms.
The System Analyst is responsible for the administration and maintenance of OSS and Security systems and applications. The environment is challenging and dynamic, and you are required to be on-call 24/7 for a period of one week every 3 or 4 weeks, but not limited to. This position reports to the Manager of OSS Network systems and Security and is located in Brampton, Ontario.
- System Implementation and Integration
- Technical planning, design, implementation, and integration of Enterprise-level systems and applications. Solutions normally span multiple platforms and protocols.
- Lead projects for the ongoing improvement, development, and lifecycle of existing applications and services, using off-the-shelf products
- Conduct cost analysis and vendor comparisons with emphasis on cost & stability
- Work with vendors and project managers to complete implementation projects
- Support, monitoring, and optimization of existing systems, including backups
- Tackle problems related to interconnected services, for systems running on UNIX (Solaris), Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Microsoft Windows Server
- Management of systems in a virtualized environment (VMWare)
- Installation and management of Oracle Weblogic 8, 9, 11g, 12c
- Problem solving of various issues and questions that come up, related to users' sessions
- Install, configure and tune OS & Applications, fix hardware and software issues
- User account management
- Possess strong knowledge of Linux, UNIX, and Windows Server Operating systems.
- Previous system administration experience.
- Experience working on Databases, either Oracle or Sybase is an asset.
- Knowledge of application and web servers and technologies.
- Working knowledge of IP Technology
- Ability to program in Perl and/or various Unix shells.
- Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
- Ability to automate systems administration tasks.
- A degree in computer science or related field.
- Good social and interpersonal skills.
- Solid grasp of Project management processes.
- Working hands-on knowledge of telecommunications is helpful.
- Knowledge of Wireless and Cable systems and technology is helpful.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 132281
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.